18 April 2011





Jurien sneered and got up from the chair in insult.
“Love! Who said anything about fucking love?
There is no love, Haydan, it is dedication! It is 
numbers!












remember that as well!One can love a dog! I need no dog at my feet when I need a woman there between my knees! Haydan, you would do best to see things my way! I am not the man who walks beside you, my brother, and you had best remember that as well!
  

Where is your throne, Haydan? You will never have one – you are of the sun and here you sit and hide in the darkness like a coward! She is dead, Jurien, our Mother is dead!”


Jurien stopped talking and grew fierce as he walked about the room turning things over, ransacking it.

“What are you looking for, Jurien?’
He knew what it was…
“Where is it, Haydan?” He screamed at his brother and he persisted on his quest, turning things over and breaking things in his path. A simple wave of his hand made things scatter, move and tumble to certain destruction. “ Where the fuck is it, Haydan, it is forbidden to have it in your possession and it can not exist where I am!”
“It is just a book, Jurien, and it does not exist. Have you read it?”
Haydan picked up his head but was careful not to look into his brother´s eyes. Jurien ran a nervous hand through his hair and he was perplexed and weakened by the possession of 
this great old dusty book.
“No, I will no read it. It is of many tongues and many voices and many souls. I can not read it. It is time I leave; do not come up now, wait until the sun is high and you should be seen. I will tell mine you are traveling. Wear your protection.”
“I will not travel to you, Jurien. I have no desire to visit your grey fortress and no desire to attend your flesh offerings.”
Jurien looked up in his brother´s direction and then looked away.
“Then I shall take my leave and leave you here among the ruins you call a life. Leave you to your own devices here to be damned and alone to wait for the Goddess of the Moon to heal and quench you. I spit on you, my worthless sibling who can not follow in my reign.”
Jurien annoyedly walked out and down the path of condensating mist into the darkness of 
night.













Haydan walked over to a shelf in the corner of the wall and pulled out some books, the one behind the others was the one in question that his brother held in so much fear.
 






Haydan looked at it and smiled; he remembered his Mother reading stories from it and he liked what she had read. He could hear her voice now and it was serene, warm as the sun, and it made him smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment