18 April 2011

Chapter 2

Jurien could feel her as she winded round the bend and it was as if she were on his heels. She was the light and he feared her, yet she meant him no harm. He stopped and yelled to it as if it could respond.
 “Why must you torment me when I run through your forest?”
His dark eyes shined a deep crisp brown in the misty, heady night. He heard a giggle and then he drew in a deep breath on the quick and looked all around for her.
“Where?!” 
He took a second glance around him.




“I am in the forest it is true, but it does not belong to me. Do you not enjoy its splendor?”
“I have not noticed, spirit. Take me to my lair; I am far from there and I would be so appreciative if you would guide me before I am found here."




The light of the Helen was quiet but she illuminated the night so that he could pass his way to his fortress unharmed. He crossed the waters without incident as he looked all around for her. He longed to see her. Like his brother he too missed their Mother but would not speak of such things, for he was to be feared by all and his heart was to remain dark and never seen… but he knew she saw him.









He knew she was the one who would come for him in the end and he knew… he felt… something forbidden for her. It was forbidden in this world to love, for the reason they all existed was to procreate and they knew it. There was to be no time for affection or any type of love, no not in this harsh world. It would be a curse to fall in love and have someone take them from you in the dead of 
night after the offering of flesh.

But Jurien was thinking of a plan to make the light fall for him. He wanted to capture her heart and her light forever. She would live in the house of his reign, therefore it would be complete…  


No comments:

Post a Comment